How to Request Cloud Credits¶
ISB-CGC offers free Google Cloud credits for researchers to try out our platform! To get trial funding in an ISB-CGC funded Google Cloud Platform (GCP) project, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: an ISB-CGC funded GCP project is not required to work with the ISB-CGC platform.
In your request, please:
- Describe your research goals in some detail
- Include information such as
- The type of data that you plan to use
- The algorithms and/or methods you plan to apply
- Estimate of the storage
- Computing costs you expect to incur
- Include if you have students or collaborators who will also be accessing the same cloud project
Teams working on a single project should all use the same cloud project
- If you have previous experience using the Google Cloud Platform along with which specific components (eg Compute Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Datalab, etc).
All reasonable requests will receive an initial allocation of $300 towards storage and compute costs. We expect that this amount of funding will be more than enough for you to become familiar with the platform. If you expect that you will need additional funding to complete your planned research, this initial amount may be used to perform prototype analyses and to better estimate your total costs. At that time, you may request additional funding.
Please be aware that we will be monitoring your cloud resource usage on a daily basis and will alert you as you begin to approach your funding limit. If you exceed your allocation limit and we are not able to contact you by email for several days, we may need to take action to shut your project down which could cause you to lose work and data.